Welcome to Communities In Schools of the Golden Crescent
Communities in Schools is the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization.
The mission of Communities in Schools is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life by coordinating the connection of community resources in the school setting. To achieve that, CIS assures students are assisted with supportive guidance and counseling, health and human services, parental and family involvement, pre-employment and employment along with educational enhancement.
By bringing caring adults into the schools to address children’s unmet needs, CIS provides the link between educators and the community. The result: teachers are free to teach, and students, many in jeopardy of dropping out, have the opportunity on learning.
For over 30 years, Communities In Schools has worked to ensure that every child needs and deserves these “Five Basics”:
- a one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
- a safe place to learn and grow
- a healthy start and a future
- a marketable skill to use upon graduation
- a chance to give back to the community
- help each other stay in school and graduate with their class
- go on field trips
- meet new friends
- attend workshops for a successful future
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org